Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q.)
The page contains a series of some of the most common questions I am asked when it comes to the photography workshops, tours, seminars and webinars that run. If you do not see the answer to your question below, please us the CONTACT page to connect with me directly.
Why should I take a photography workshop with you?
A GREAT question! As a professional landscape, travel and humanitarian photographer for the past eight years, I have been very fortunate to have worked all over the globe, documenting various aspects of this beautiful planet that we live on. I have extensive experience shooting in nearly every climate you can imagine and even some you can’t On top of this, I absolutely love teaching. I have worked for National Geographic as a photography instructor in South America and currently I average around 10-15 workshops year after year. I am a firm believer in the organic approach I take to teaching photography, which involves a mixture of technical, philosophical and hands on learning that gives you the best opportunity for not only furthering your photography skills, but retaining that information as you progress as an artist well after our time together has ended.
What forms of payment do you accept?
I currently accept Paypal, bank transfer (Wellsfargo) or wire-transfer.
What is your payment policy for photography workshops/tours?
My payment policy is as follows…
- You were required to make a minimum deposit to hold your spot ($ varies per workshop)
- Full payment of the workshop tuition is required within 90 days of your workshop beginning, otherwise you risk forfeiting your deposit and opening your space to another individual. This can be completed on your own by revisiting the workshop page on this website that you initially payed your deposit through.
What is your cancelation policy?
My cancelation policy is as follows…
- If you cancel within 30 days of making your initial deposit, you will receive 100% of your money back (including transaction charges) UNLESS the time period is within 120 days of the workshop beginning (see below).
- If you cancel beyond 120 days of the workshop beginning then you will be refunded all of your tuition fees (minus transaction charges).
- If you cancel within 120 days of the start of the workshop, you will only be refunded your workshop tuition (minus transaction fees) if your spot can be filled by another individual.
- If you cancel within 90 days of the start of the workshop, you will be given the option to roll your tuition fees into another workshop ONLY if your spot is filled.
Can I get on a waiting list for one of your workshops that is currently sold out?
Sure Can! More information can be found HERE.
What costs are covered with a given workshop?
I will let you know on the workshop page what costs are covered as part of your tuition fees.
What costs are not covered on a a given workshop?
I will let you know on the workshop page what costs are NOT covered as part of your tuition fees.
What should I bring with me to one of your workshops?
You will receive a workshop welcome kit within 45 days of the start of the workshop you are registered for that will contain detailed information regarding bringing the proper gear with you.
Do I receive any discounts on products from your sponsors?
As a matter of fact you do. Typically I receive discount codes for up to 15% off various products from the companies that sponsor my photography work. Those are given out both before and after the workshop has concluded. Occasionally I have free stuff to hand out on location as well. Who doesn’t like free stuff?
Do you provide travel insurance for your workshop participants?
I currently do NOT provide travel insurance as part of my workshop fees. I highly recommend that you purchase your own, mostly for the catastrophic medical coverage. It is not cheap to be air lifted out of a national park or put on a care flight from a third world country in order to receive quality medical attention in case of an emergency.
What about severe weather?
As a general rule of thumb, your safety is always my top concern. That being said…when weather starts to turn, that is when you typically have the best chance at capturing dramatic skies. Needless to say we have no “rain delays” or cancelations in photography…that is only in baseball
If I was going to send you a birthday card, where would I send it?
Awe, so kind That can be sent to:
P.O. Box 11886
Denver, CO 80211